Have any of you made any new year’s resolutions? Me Either! (that’s if you said no)
I figured I would get a few weeks into 2013 and then set some goals…just for me! If I break them, it’s okay. BUT, like my post vacation goals, it is a time for me to reevaluate and make some goals. My 6 month no new clothes goal is going pretty well! In 2013, we hope to bring a baby home OR be close to bringing our baby home. So, I need to make good habits NOW, before my life turns upside down!
6 Month Goals/New Habits:
1. Wake up earlier! I don’t have to be at work until 9 am…sometimes 11 am. That should give me nice morning time to get stuff done, but I’m a slacker! So, I am trying to wake up in enough time to get other things done in the morning besides watching morning TV & taking a shower.
2. Exercise 5x’s a week! TYPICAL, I know. This is one I’ve been trying since the new year and am doing really well. So, I feel good about it. I try to do P90X, but it is a lot for one week. So, I do it, but at my own pace.
3. Say NO to photography gigs! THERE I finally said it…I’m turning in my camera. Well, not really! Just for photography sessions, weddings, and favors. I can’t give people the attention they need and therefore it makes me hate it. Uggh, isn’t that terrible! I used to love taking pictures…now not so much. I like doing it for my own purposes, but not for anything else! I really want a new lens for fun, BUT just for family use! Oh, I feel so much better saying that out loud!
4. Eat Healthier. So, I am still not too old and in good health, but I have high cholesterol. Isn’t that terrible?! I love pizza, mexican food, chocolate, bread, muffins, and all the other not so good for you food. I have been doing pretty well with this the last few weeks, BUT my friend introduced me to Wheat Belly! I am going to start next Monday with this plan…cutting out wheat! Apparently it spikes your blood sugar. Cutting it out of your diet can be beneficial in so many areas (triglycerides, skin, energy, etc). I’ve bought the book and cookbook. I’ve made a plan! It will take dedication, but I think it will be a good change for our family. Even without kids now, I worry about what I will feed my kids. There is so much out there that is NOT good! I want my kids to have good habits from the beginning. So, that means I need good habits NOW!
Since this will take lots of dedication and discipline, I am going to reward myself for a job well done! It will take two weeks to overcome cravings, but even more time to create habits. So, if I go one month without breaking the plan, I will let myself buy a new purse.
5. Give up Dr. Pepper! Oh my, this is going to be hard. I have cut back to only drinking them every other day. I drink lots of water now. BUT I want to give it up completely! Wish me luck.
AND now, because every post needs a cute picture, here is me and my nephew, Judah!
So, tell me about you! Are you making any new habits for 2013?