Just a quick note today that I’m on Part 3 of my closet overhaul! I gave my closet a much-needed clean-out and a bunch of clothing to consign and to Goodwill, which included 25 pairs of shoes.
(Why, yes, that *IS* ridiculous!)
Here was my criteria for tossing:
1. If I hadn’t worn it in over a year, DONATE.
2. If it didn’t fit, DONATE. (Goodbye, size 2 pants, we will never meet again!)
3. If it had needed repair for over 6 months and I had never repaired it, DONATE.
4. If it was a duplicate item, DONATE. (Good-bye, 6 too-tight black T-shirts!)
5. If it was too short, too low-cut, or just not my style, DONATE.
SEVEN garbage bags of clothing later, I think I can finally hang up all my clothes!
What’s your criteria for donating clothes? How often do you donate or consign?